- J. Mejstřík
- Web developer
- Czech Republic
- Responsive webdesign
- CSS frameworks
- MongoDB (basics)
- Laravel (basics)
- JS Developer
- I work at GoOut, it‘s a ticketing selling company in central Europe.
Besides selling tickets GoOut provides a culture guide, a really good one. I have been developing
Vue/Nuxt apps for the last 4 years. In our team we have successfully migrated public part of
the old MVC system to Nuxt app (using microfrontend architecture). In my current position I
work with Vue 3 using Nuxt framework for server side rendering and Pinia library as a store for the app. The app is strongly typed with Typescript, but we also implemented runtime types
(io-ts library). Client-server communication is based on JSON:API structure (basically REST
APIs). We prefer using Cypress for component testing and we test core logic with Jest. I also
pay close attention to the web accessibility, because our customers also organize events for
the disabled people. I used to work as a backend developer, so I take care of CI and its
improvements (linting, tests, caching), Docker setup and basics in k8s. I decided to implement
the MJML in GoOut to improve and support all email clients. But in my day-to-day work, I take
care of the ticketing system 🎫.'
- PHP Junior Developer
- I was responsible for the backend development of the
e-shops and web applications. I spent most of the time programming in PHP and solving SQL tasks.
My work also included developing apps in plain JS.
- I removed spelling mistakes and grammatical errors,
rewrote articles if necessary,
wrote headlines that attract readers and
checked the facts and stories to ensure they're accurate.
- The work of the editor was based on writing news, reportages and
making interviews with students, school leaders or interesting personalities
from the IT world and business.
- chief sub-editor
- I led a team of sub-editors and managed a team of graphic designers.
My responsibility was to prepare a page plan to assure that the right articles appeared in the right place and
check the stylistic quality of all articles.
Additionally, I made the decision where to use photos for best effect and was playing a part in page design
and I had the last word in the final design before the publication 🙈.
- Back office in the banking sector
- Worked in the finance department,
I checked the reports with accrual of interest and confirmed taxation of interest income etc.
- Web interface for TP-Link lightbulb
- Google Play
- Android app for iList.cz
- Ilustračka is an application for searching and storing images. The app is based on
Meteor JS platform with React frontend.
- WP plugin
- WordPress plugin, which records failed login attempts and in case of
exceeding the set number of failed attempts blocks all login
attempts from that IP address.
- I did the whole migration from our custom CMS
to Wordpress (sql scripts). I made also changes in WP templates to speed up
the page loading time.
- Compass is a simple directory browser based on PHP,
which allows browsing folders and files on the web server.
- WifiGuard is a small desktop app designed to monitor WiFi networks.
The app is based on old arp protocol.
- University of Economics, Prague
- Faculty of Informatics and Statistics
- Applied Informatics - Information Technologies
- Vue 3
- Two-year Astronomic course at Štefánik Observatory
- Cybernality at Czech Technical University In Prague
- All ten fingers typing course